What a fantastic place to visit! The idyllic Provençal countryside surrounds this picturesque village of Venasque –exactly what you imagine when you hear the word Provençal. Perched on its rocky outcrop in the Nesque valley (great for canyoning) and with views over the Carpentras plain (Fabulous for black truffles). Venasque has been classed as one of the ‘most beautiful villages of France’ –yes, that’s a thing.
Its tactical position has led the village to an interesting past but the citadel ramparts are also a window into its dramatic past.
Venasque makes for a perfect trip back into the medieval era whilst still experiencing the modern Provençal and artistic way of life.
Venasque is a great central point to visit other renowned villages and sites in the region. For one of the most stunning luxury villas of the area, try Aqua Vita. This impressive wedding venue or family reunion destination will blow your mind!
- Open-air Provençal market in Venasque. Every Friday from 5 pm to 8 pm (14/06 to 13/09)
- Visit the Baptistère de Venesque
- Kids will love the Enchanted Forest
- Pernes les Fontaines (11km)
- Fontaines de Vauclause(19km)
- L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgues (23km)
- Roussillon (27 km)
- Avignon (37 km)
- Carpentras market. Every Friday from 8 am to 1 pm. The black truffle market in Carpentras is worth a visit if you are on holiday between the November and March.
- Mont Ventoux is famous thanks to the Tour de France. 50 Minutes drive away – great for hiking, biking and zip lining.
- Visit Gordes. 23 minutes from Venasque. A main tourist attraction due to its beautiful character, neolithic settlement and the Senanque Abbey
There are some stunning properties to be rented in this gorgeous slice of Provence. Beautifully restored farmhouses with heated pools, wine domains for large groups or weddings and villas for families.
Be inspired by our collection of beautiful villas for rent around Venasque.